Image Map

~previously American Girl Imagination

~previously American Girl Imagination~

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Doll Photography Tips! #1: Lighting.

 Hi! today I've got some tips for you, something that I've struggled with recently, but very easy to correct... lighting.
Lighting is ab-so-lute-ly KEY to taking good pictures. Low light = bad. Room lights = bad (mostly) to MUCH light = bad. I prefer to take pictures outside, because there is usually pretty good, beautiful lighting.
Here is an example of a really bad photo:


What do you notice that's wrong with this picture? The lighting! To much light, to be exact. The eyelash shadows are very weird, and extremely unnatural. No good.  Afterward, I moved her under the shade of a tree.The leaves kind of act like flash de-fusers for the sun.


Better, right? Another way you can avoid the shadows (and glare) from the sun is to make sure the sun is behind the doll, and the doll in front of the sun.
Example:

That's all I've got for now! :)

-Jeneca

1 comment:

  1. I love the backgrounds! And the pictures are sooo bright!

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from rude language and excessive self promotion. Thanks!